New lasershow controllers from RIYA

Alles rund um LDS LaserDesignStudio.

Moderator: decix

Antworten
riyalasers
New lasershow controllers from RIYA

Beitrag von riyalasers » Mo 04 Sep, 2006 2:59 pm

RIYA Co Ltd proud to announce new line of laser cards - RIYA 3_in_1 and RIYA OEM controllers.

RIYA 3_in_1 can work:
in USB mode:

Bild

in PCI mode:

Bild

in Ethernet mode (with additional board):

Bild

Box of controller:

Bild

Bild

USB and PCI mode work now, Ethernet mode - firmware is "under construction" now, and will ready (I hope :) ) up to end of September

Resources of RIYA 3_in_1 controller:
• Standards - USB, PCI and Ethernet (with additional module);
• X & Y - 12 bit DAC;
• Z - 12 bit DAC;
• RED, GREEN, BLUE, DEEP BLUE, YELLOW, CYAN outputs - 8 bit DAC
• INTENSITY - 8 bit DAC
• SHUTTER - 8 bit DAC
• Max frame size (points) - 16000
• Up to 200,000 points per second output;
• DMX output - 1ch (isolated);
• DMX input - 1ch (isolated);
• TTL outputs - 16;
• TTL inputs - 16;
• Amplitude music modulation;
• Independent X/Y position music modulation;
• Firmware upgrade - by USB;
• Each card controls one scan system;

And second controller - RIYA OEM card:

Bild

Bild

Resources of OEM controller:
• Standards - USB and Ethernet;
• X & Y - 12 bit DAC;
• RED, GREEN, BLUE outputs - 8 bit DAC
• INTENSITY - 8 bit DAC
• Max frame size (points) - 16000
• Up to 200,000 points per second output;
• DMX output - 1ch (not isolated);
• DMX input - 1ch (not isolated);
• Firmware upgrade - by USB;

USB mode work now, Ethernet mode - firmware is "under construction" now.

New options in RIYA controllers:
- add new function (in hardware) - "parking" points in begin and in end of frame (0-15 points) (exclude "flash lines" between frames);
- was changed algorithm of DMX channels (work better and stable now);
- new dll allows to work some FTDI-chip based devices from other manufacturer together with RIYA devices

All the best
Ihor

genesis
Beitrag von genesis » Di 05 Sep, 2006 4:59 pm

Hi Ihor :)
just a question: why you not add a switching power supply like LM2575 or LM2678? because on the riya USB controler if the input voltage reach at 6v there is a risk of destruction. and there's no 5v transil (like 1N5908) inside to protect against this.
i prefer a card with wide input voltage range like 5->18v than 5v +/-5%.
no?
greetings
franck.

riyalasers
Beitrag von riyalasers » Di 05 Sep, 2006 5:18 pm

Hi Franck,
Using switching power supply like LM2575 or LM2678 - it is a good idea, but our old USB boxes had a not big size, and additional power supply chip can make a hard temperature mode for controller as whole.
We have in controller +3,3V, +2,5V, +5v, +9V, -9V power supply, which we make from single external power, and for producing of these voltages optimal is using +5V external power supply.

But for OEM cards your idea is good!

All the best
Ihor

genesis
Beitrag von genesis » Di 05 Sep, 2006 5:26 pm

ok but with switching regulator there is no problem :)
i work in electronic research and developpement and i have build lot of power supply for our products ( handheld bluetooth laser scanners) and LM2575 is a good chip with good efficiency. i think you can have better efficiency with switching regulators and from 8-18v than with linear regulatord and from 5v :)
the last one i have built is a buck boost and create 3.3v @600mA from a lithium polymer battery and work fine from 2.5v to 5v with a peak efficiency of 94%.
this power supply is used in these two products

http://www.txcom.fr/images/elements/568.jpg

the LM2678 was used in another product with great efficiency too and wide input range (9 to 35v) :)
http://www.txcom.fr/images/elements/149.jpg

i think there is enough place in the first USB riya to include these switching régulators ;) but that's just an idea and perhaps you have another technicals things to chosse linéar regulators :)
and the solution i used for such problem is switching pré-regulator (wide input to 5v )and linear for core voltage.
the LM2575-5 is in SO8 package and need just one inductor one schottky diode and two low ESR capacitors to work . i think less than 10mm square. with inductor on top and IC + diode at bottom.
greetings
franck.
Zuletzt geändert von genesis am Di 05 Sep, 2006 7:07 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

andi f

Beitrag von andi f » Di 05 Sep, 2006 6:57 pm

Hello Ihor,

Good looking new hardware! You remain true to FPGAs. The technical details are auspicious. When can be bargain for the new board? When will there be information on your homepage? And last but not least there is one very important information missing – what’s the price?

Regards,
Andi F.

genesis
Beitrag von genesis » Di 05 Sep, 2006 7:05 pm

yes you're right! this is an amazing piece of FPGA hardware. the Spartan is a big FPGA. even the first USB riya was an amazing developpement!.

riyalasers
Beitrag von riyalasers » Di 05 Sep, 2006 8:15 pm

Hello Franck,

I agree, that will be more effective to use switching power supply.
But...
I try used MC33063 and MC34063 chips. But these chips begin work after 9V input (it is for 2,5V and 3,3V). For +5V (power supply for FT245 chip) I must have min. 11V power supply.

But I need +/- 9V too.
I make it by DC/DC convertor AM2D0509D (from 5 to +/- 9V).
I don't know DC/DC convertors, which have a whide diapasone of input voltage with stabile output. So, must be done first conversation input voltage to +5V, next - to +/- 9V
Therefore we use power supply +5V

And next: many our client used power supply directly from USB line. Card need 550-600mA. It is some more, that allows USB Standard, but we had not any problems on any computers with it.

But I will be glad to see better solution here :)
Thank you!

Ihor

genesis
Beitrag von genesis » Di 05 Sep, 2006 8:24 pm

no problem :) but the MC34063 is a bad switching regulator ;) used before LM2575 and not used for new design due to his bad efficiency.
you know with synchronous buck boost you can have an input voltage below equal and over the output voltage. the best solution for battery powered systems with Li-poly batteries ;) and the news regulators have a minimal dropout ;)

riyalasers
Beitrag von riyalasers » Di 05 Sep, 2006 8:42 pm

Hi Andi,

>>> Good looking new hardware! You remain true to FPGAs. The technical details are auspicious.

Thank you!

>>> When can be bargain for the new board?

Some tens of controllers (without Ethernet module) are ready jet.
Ethernet module we will have up to end of September

>>> When will there be information on your homepage?

I like people on this forum more than other, that is why at first I set information here, and next - for all on homepage :).

>>> And last but not least there is one very important information missing – what’s the price?

I will point price on some days: I must decide this question with my parthners in Germany. So, if you want to present our products as dealer - write me to e-mail please :)

All the best
Ihor

Antworten

Zurück zu „LaserDesignStudio“