Phoenix Live & Pic Edit issues

Fragen und Antworten zur Installation

Moderatoren: m.phoenix, c.phoenix

Antworten
majorlee

Phoenix Live & Pic Edit issues

Beitrag von majorlee » Do 16 Okt, 2008 4:55 pm

So i just want to go over some of the issues i have had with Phoenix Live and i have some ideas for improvements to make it more user friendly!

first off is SMS to laser -

i have worked out how to get the menu (its not well explained in the manual) and i have ctried to connect my phones thru bluetooth and usb - the phones can be indentified but when it comes to reading messages nothing comes up even when changing all the settings ie sim/phone memory etc

second is saving and loading custom ILDA files -

I have been very frustrated by the systems stability and has crashed a few times whilst in the middle of a gig :( the real pain is that when i make new custom ild files and turn them into new shows when loading them back up it never finds them and all is lost - everything has to be done again :( this is really bugging me, what am i doing wrong here?

thirdly -

can we get some tooltips included? some of the buttons are not well described in the manual and on the edit page especially is needed ie the button under the stop (square one 4th down)

forth issue is with Pic Edit -

I want to be able to use pic edit with my laser - it does not seem to respond tho and i have to always flip between making ilda frames and then viewing on my laser in Live :(

will have a few more suggestions soon but i think these will keep u busy, jope u can help with my questions and problems too

EDIT - another issue is when changing catalog files... the 'set picture' stays the same as the last one but when hover changes to the new one

the LIVE software is obviously far from finished and has a lot of bugs :(

m.phoenix
Beitrag von m.phoenix » So 19 Okt, 2008 10:22 pm

M.PHOENIX hat geschrieben:Dear Majorlee
thanks for your little report about our LIVE. I am not sure, if we know each other or not. It seems that you just join the Laserfreak-Forum these days... But I am wondering if you really bought this software-version or if you got this as a PRE-BETA Tester before... Anyway - doesnt matter -
I think I can clarify some points immediately and would like to take your issues step-by-step as follows:

SMS-to-Laser:
Right - its not explained in the manual yet. Because we improved that tool every day with new functions, filters and so on and recreated the design-
it would be not very helpful to write the manual before we finished. The Tool is finished NOW and will be explained soon in the manual. Sorry for beeing late. Hope you understand. The supported mobile-phones are on the list in the other Thread. Pls check if your phone is also available!!! If not- we can not guarantee if its working.
So far its working very well with all the phones on the list. (We tested them)
So, to make it short - this issue is fixed.

Saving / Loading:
here you write about a bug which we have had in a preprebeta version some time ago. (In the Headline it shows the version...
if you still have Version 1.0 - it would be explained. We have now Version 1.05 already. We changed the file-format every day in that time and did not fix the loading of the new files in time but now this is fixed already also.

Crashing:
Its not crashing anymore. This bug belongs to the load / save of new files. Actually we just have had an exhibition in Shanghai where we used 5 PC´s on 2 boothes for 4 days... We havent had one (!) crash in the complete time.
so > fixed.

Tooltips for the buttons:
yes. You are right - We do already now. The "problem" in your version you are using is, that we did not care about these detailthings in a Beta-version. Describtions of buttons are nice details and not necessary to do before the function is 100% done. We changed the design already and all known buttons are changed too. So, we try to avoid double-work on this way.

PicEdit
Right - I did not say that only one program can run at the time with the laser. So, if you want to have Laseroutput with PicEdit - just close LIVE BEFORE you start PicEdit. (Always the first started program gets the priority of the laseroutput) Then it should work fine.
We are working on that issue already. But not done yet.

Edit-Picture
This is like a screenshot of the effect. So, if you want to have another picture on the effect-button you have to take a new picture of the effect - in the edit-window! if you dont use it - LIVE will just take the first
frame of the effect - which could be black sometimes (or too small to see...)
- so not a bug...its a feauture;-)

about the last sentence I just say - Be patient! Actually you talked just about 1-2 bugs. You did not talk about the complete software and the functions at all. Sorry that you could not save your show - actually that was the only real bug you found. Thats it ? :-) Well, in that version were many more bugs we knew about... and got to know from real Beta-Tester, who are willing to help us to get a "perfect" Software. So, if you really worked with that version - I would expect to hear at least some more problems... BUT if you got a Beta-version from us for testing, and you dont ask us why, when or what happens if you do this or that - you can not expect any solutions. (Thats why we gave that version as BETA-Version to few selected people) I personal expect at least a short email. (What never happend until now) AND - BEFORE you have a gig - you really should test a software if its working like you want it. and maybe ask us for another update...
Its not a nice move to write such issues first in a official Thread then in a personal email - specially if it is a Beta-Version for few users...

We just preparing some new design-layouts and finishing some other nice things in LIVE. It would be wasting time to give another version today - which we use since 3 weeks. So, I would like to upload a complete new version in the next days (probably by the end of this week) So, wait some more days and check our website again.

Test that new version and let us know your opinion...

Thanks
Boris

majorlee

Beitrag von majorlee » Mi 29 Okt, 2008 2:22 pm

thank you boris and i got your email today too :)

can u link me to the 'other thread' for the SMS to laser phone list?

i cannot seem to find it on here

run the update today and there is still the issue with the CAT files and saving the shows - it does not load the files back up again whe restarting the software :(

i think some of the crashing issues occured when loading in certain ILDA files

but just to let you know - i did not have a beta version - i paid alot of money for the software and i hope its money well spent soon :)

best wishes with the changes

majorlee

m.phoenix
Beitrag von m.phoenix » Do 30 Okt, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi.
Allright. We fixed the bugs you told us last night.
The newest update-files and kits are on our website available now.
Also the new design is finished... Pls have a look and let us know if everything is ok.

Thanks
Boris

majorlee

Beitrag von majorlee » Do 30 Okt, 2008 1:08 pm

all great now

i can do what i wanted to do with the software now!

why did the 'change colour' wheel get excluded from this release tho?

m.phoenix
Beitrag von m.phoenix » Do 30 Okt, 2008 10:20 pm

:-) Its still in! Just try out the new "Turning-Slider" above the Sliders! Above the color-Slider you can click the button and get a new color-pic window! We will redesign the buttons a little bit so it will be more clear in future. There are coming some more buttons in near futiure anyway. You will see...

Play a little bit more arround and tell me if anything is not ok...

Boris

majorlee

Beitrag von majorlee » Do 30 Okt, 2008 11:52 pm

will play after the weekend, very busy with a new club here in Freiburg :)

one little function i would love to see is a 'draw function' like i have on my DMX settings - is this workable?

thanx for the constant work Boris - happy to know your working hard, hehhe even if its me pushing you!

gruss

major

m.phoenix
Beitrag von m.phoenix » Sa 01 Nov, 2008 4:27 am

Drawfunction ?
What do you mean ? But you are not talking about the PicEdit (to draw your own pictures...right?
Pls explain more - or draw a picture for me ;-)
Maybe its already in.

Thx
Boris

majorlee

Beitrag von majorlee » So 02 Nov, 2008 5:17 am

sorry maybe i was not clear :)

i mean the effect of drawing the 'image' from start to finish

so if i have a circle it would start at one point and then go around to meet the circle but you see it do this slowly...

does this make sense to you?

m.phoenix
Beitrag von m.phoenix » So 02 Nov, 2008 3:49 pm

ah - you mean "Scanlimit"! Yes. This effect is already in. If you doubleclick on the Trickfilm on the timeline (in the Edit-Window) - a new Window is coming up - where you can choose different things...The Scanlimit can be adjusted by the Start and Endcurves!

Maybe you should check out these functions! There is also "Surface' for example... So, you have different layers for your effects / animations. If you want to have THIS effect in front of another and hide the lines behind - you just need to increase the surface-number... try it out!

good luck
Boris
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Installation von PHOENIX“